JEM Fire Pumps Ltd aim to ensure the health, safety and welfare of our employees while they are at work and of others who may be affected by our undertakings, so far as is reasonably practicable.
We are a member of the British Safety council and hold accreditation with Safe Contractor, Constructionline and Achilles FPAL.
All of our Engineers hold the Client Contractor National Safety Group (CCNSG) passport and we are constantly assessing and updating our employees with Health and Safety legislation and workplace hazards such as the control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH). Giving regular toolbox talks and reviewing our risk assessments keep safety at the forefront of all our employees’ minds.
Our Health and Safety Policy sets out our commitment to ensure the principles of health and safety are clearly understood throughout the company.
Our Code of Conduct is designed to cover the main areas of the required standards of behaviour and performance. Employees are under a duty to comply with the standards of behaviour and performance required by the company, and to behave in a reasonable manner, at all times.
It is the responsibility of the Company to fully comply with all relevant laws and regulations with regard to Environmental matters. JEM is fully committed to delivering high standards of quality with regard to these matters.
We aim to conduct operations that promote safe working practices in order to avoid risk to our employees and the environment. All of our employee training programs and internal controls are routinely updated in order to maintain a safe and efficient business culture, and to reinforce an active health & safety and environmental culture.
It is in the Environmental Policy that JEM Fire Pumps Ltd shall:
- Wholly support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- Minimise our waste and then reuse or recycle as much of it as possible.
- Minimise energy and water usage in our buildings, vehicles and processes.
- Operate and maintain company vehicles with due regard to environmental issues.
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement in respect of air, water, noise and light pollution from our premises.
- Purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment.
- Assess the environmental impact of any new processes or products we intend to introduce in advance.
JEM also holds a certificate of registration under the Waste (England and Wales) Regulations 2011 as an Lower Tier Waste Carrier, Broker and Dealer.